If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, you may want to seek treatment:
- Loud snoring
- Choking or gasping sensation while sleeping
- Insomnia or constantly waking during the night
- Feeling tired throughout the day
- Excessive weight gain
- Irritability, memory issues, mood swings or depression
- Dry mouth or sore throat when you wake up
- Morning headaches
Your dentist will perform an intraoral exam, which involves specialized x-rays, intraoral photos, gag reflex check, orthopedic exams, and the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. These tests will help us determine the most effective position for your lower jaw to open your airway. The Lakes Dental Care has had success treating sleep apnea with a nighttime oral appliance that is more comfortable than a CPAP mask. This appliance will be customized especially for you. Depending on the severity of your condition, other repositioning devices may be considered.
Call us at 734-879-1903 for a sleep apnea assessment.